Food Pantry Update: Here is the most up-to-date information – check back frequently.
Beginning in 2024, our food pantry will be held on the 1st Saturday of each month.
Pantry guests will enter the church and make their own selections from available items.
- Wearing masks is encouraged for all attendees
- Hours of operation will remain the 1st Saturday of each month, 10:00 am to 12:30 pm.
- In November and December, pantries will be held on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month.
Volunteers are needed on Friday mornings to help with set-up, and Saturday mornings to help with food distribution. Volunteers are required to wear masks and gloves (if handling produce). Masks and gloves are provided by the food pantry.
You can sign up here to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0c45aba629a64-allsaints5#/
Please email foodpantry “at” saintsalive.net if you have any questions and one of our coordinators will reach out to you. Thank you for your interest!
The All Saints Social Ministries Mission:
Inspired by the Marks of Mission of the national Episcopal Church, the mission of the Social Ministries Programs of All Saints is the mission of Christ:
- To respond to human need through loving service.
- To pursue justice, reconciliation, and peace.
Our Christian Call to Action:
All Saints Social Ministries Programs strive to fulfill our understanding of the requirements and the vows of our Christian faith:
- Micah 6:8 asks “And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God?”
- The Baptismal vow of the Episcopal Church asks: “Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself?” and “Will you strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being?”
With God’s help, we respond to human need through loving service, currently offering the following:
- Food Pantry – please see above.
- Bag Lunches for guests of the April Showers Program of the Interfaith Homelessness Network.
- Lunches are prepared in the parish kitchen 9-10 am on the third Sunday of every other month, beginning in February each year.
- Meals for the Warming Center of San Leandro
- Dinners for the homeless on inclement nights begin on the Friday after Thanksgiving to mid-April at First United Methodist Church.
- Meals for the shelter, Building Futures with Women and Children
Alameda County Assistance Programs: http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/alameda_county_assistance_prog.html
Please contact the church office to find out how you can join in!
With God’s help, we pursue justice, reconciliation, and peace while respecting the dignity of all:
- As Episcopalians, we are seekers, honoring disparate viewpoints while using the guidance of scripture and our Christian tradition. We have attended and sponsored discussions and workshops, and taken other actions related to issues such as those noted below:
- Income inequality
- Interfaith reconciliation
- Gun violence
- Public health advocacy