Inspired by the Marks of Mission of the national Episcopal Church, the mission of the Social Ministries Programs of All Saints is the mission of Christ:
- To respond to human need through loving service.
- To pursue justice, reconciliation, and peace.
Our Christian Call to Action:
All Saints Social Ministries Programs strive to fulfill our understanding of the requirements and the vows of our Christian faith:
- Micah 6:8 asks “And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God?”
- The Baptismal vow of the Episcopal Church asks: “Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself?” and “Will you strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being?”
With God’s help, we respond to human need through loving service, currently offering the following:
- A food pantry and hospitality program that serves 350 people monthly.
- Pantries are held the first Saturday of every month and also on 3rd Saturdays of November and December.
- Volunteers report at 11:30 am. The Hospitality Room for guests opens at 12:00. Food distribution is from 1:00 to 2:00. Cleanup generally ends by 2:30.
- Bag Lunches for guests of the April Showers Program of the Interfaith Homelessness Network, feeding over 100 men and women.
- Lunches are prepared in the parish kitchen following the 8 am Worship Service every other month.
- Meals for the shelter, Building Futures with Women and Children
- Project Angel Tree, prison ministry
With God’s help, we pursue justice, reconciliation, and peace while respecting the dignity of all:
- As Episcopalians, we are seekers, honoring disparate viewpoints while using the guidance of scripture and our Christian tradition. We have attended and sponsored discussions and workshops, and taken other actions related to issues such as those noted below:
- Income inequality
- Interfaith reconciliation
- Gun violence
- Public health advocacy
Alameda County Assistance Programs: http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/alameda_county_assistance_prog.html
Please contact the church office to find out how you can join in!